top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

I found a wild animal that seems sick or injured. 

  • If the animal poses a threat to public health or safety, call your local animal control office or police department for assistance.

  • The University of Illinois Extension offers information on what to do if you find Sick, Injured, or Orphaned Wildlife. You can also search for licensed Wildlife Rehabilitators by county.

  • Visit the Humane Society of the United States' website for detailed information on determining whether an animal is orphaned and needs your help 

My pet is lost!

I can no longer care for my pet.

  • The Humane Society of Danville does not accept animals directly. Please take stray and unwanted animals to the Vermilion County Animal Shelter located at  14775 Catlin/Tilton Road in Danville. For more information, call  (217) 431-2660.

  • You can locate breed-specific rescue organizations by visiting and clicking on the "Shelters & Rescues" tab.

  • Hospice Hearts is an all-volunteer foster-based animal rescue in Central Illinois that provides care to elderly cats and dogs whose owners are no longer able to care for them due to nursing home admission, serious illness, or death. 

  • If you are a military member preparing to deploy, be sure to explore resources that may be available to you.

Humane Society Danville Illinois

Is there a dog park in Danville?

Yes! FETCH Dog Park is located at off east Voorhees on Kimball St in Espenscheid Park. This is a membership-based park. Please visit the FETCH Dog Park website for more information.

bottom of page